Friday, December 28, 2007

Saving money with coupons

It's the end of the month, and I am organizing :)
First, I go to P&G BrandSaver and see that the monthly coupon booklet is coming out. It is coming out in two of the three newspapers I buy on weekends. (On holiday weekends, there are not coupons, so if you buy the papers only for coupons, you know not to). I see that there will be coupons for brands I use, such as Tide detergent, Secret deodorant, Pantene, Iams and Herbal Essences, among others.
I then go to HotCouponWorld and browse the store ads. You can browse by store, and it gives a heads up to what will be on sale in the coming weeks at some of the drugstores I frequent. There is also information on store policies from corporate offices, as unfortunately cashiers and even managers are unclear on their own policies, and may try to disallow you from taking advantage of an adertised deal. I love CVS, and get a ton of free and low cost products there, but the cashiers make up their own rules as to what they will or will not allow. Having a printed out copy of CVS policy with me usually makes my shopping much easier.
Tired yet?
It does sound like a lot, but it really doesn't take long at all, once you get the hand of it, maybe five-10 minutes of online reading a week.
I also picked up 2 copies of Wal-Mart's "All You" magazine for $1.97 per copy. Usually it is packed with coupons, but the Feb issue was pretty scant coupon wise. I more than made up the couple of dollars I shelled out, but not up to the usual deals.
This took a lot longer to write up than it did to actually peruse the sites and magazine. And I haven't even got to clipping the coupons yet!
That'll have to wait for another post :)

No comments: