Thursday, December 27, 2007

Food Budget

Food is a huge expense in my home. My grocery bill easily runs $1000 a month.It really shouldn't be, as I do all of the following:
Food Co-op: Angelfood Serve New England Share
I belong to one of the above, where for about $130 I get enough food to make up the bulk of my shopping for a month. It's brand name food, easy to prepare, with staples such as potatos, carrots, oranges, rice, etc. Where am I going wrong?
I have fallen off the coupon wagon. When I seriously coupon, I slash my bill in half and stockpile. And I have been buying shampoo, deodorant and toothbrushes at full price, when I can get them free and make a profit if I combine coupon + sale at CVS with the extrabuck program.
My goal for January is to spend no more than $550.00 total plus $100 at CVS.
Wish me luck,
M

No comments: